Monday, August 22, 2011

Daily Devotional - Monday, 8/22 - Planning to Rest

OMG - this is what Crystal was just talking to me about yesterday - how amazing, how plainly God speaks to us, this actual verse (she learned about it on Saturday when she went to service with her friend.)

“He said to them, ‘This is what the LORD commanded: “Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.” Exodus 16:23(NIV)

This verse came to life yesterday when Hector realized how tired I was and you know what he told me, let's look at your budget and schedule for the maids to come right before Christian's b-day so that you don't have to work so much, isn't this amazing? God is so wonderful and shows us in such small ways. That just touched my heart so much.

We just have to stop, take the time and rest so that we are not so overwhelmed.

The Sabbath is a gift from a loving heavenly Father to His children. It is a day to breathe a sigh of relief, and rest from our labors. It is a day to soak in the companionship of those we love. My spirit, mind and body long for rest. - What an awesome way of describing the Sabbath, I love it.

Dear Lord, forgive me for the times I have made excuses and dishonored Your Sabbath. I know You gave me this day as a gift, and I have often rejected it in favor of my own way. Help me to plan the rest of the week wisely so that I’m prepared for a day of rest. Thank You for forgiving me and giving me another chance to obey You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. - AWESOME PRAYER, I am so blessed to be saved by grace! Hallelujah!

No comments: