Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday's devotional - Don't do it

I know that for some people this one is a little different and may apply to some and not to others but the sexual sin can happen to anyone or everyone. This devotional talked about adultery in general and how Satan traps us into it.

This line sums it up into three words...Don't do it! Don't allow Satan to trap you and fall into an adulterous situation. Trust in God and keep him before you at all times and you will not fall into this type of temptation.

I know this devotion is not for everybody. But if there is one woman out of the 200,000 or so that receive our Girlfriends in God devotions every day…just one woman who will turn away from the temptation that is knocking on her door today, then it is worth it.

Don’t do it. Turn to God and allow Him to fill the emptiness in your heart today. He’s waiting with open arms.

Let’s Pray

Dear God, I pray that I will be alert to the devil’s schemes today. Help me to see when and where he is tempting me to sin against You. Give me the strength to flee temptation and run straight into Your arms. I cannot do this on my own. I need the power of Your Holy Spirit to empower me to do what is right and good in Your sight. Thank You for being all that I need.

In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments: