Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daily Devotional - Apperances can be Deceiving

Just reading this title of today's devotional has brought me to a halt because this is exactly what has been happening lately with my church and what has been on my mind this week. So sad to say but appearances do deceive. I am so tired of always being hurt or deceived in some way from churches. Every time we find a good church we like or the one we think we should be a part of.....things start showing up that are not Godly. I know that we are not perfect but we should be walking the walk and staying pure rather than doing things that hold us back.....like drinking, smoking, saying bad words, etc. I know these are setbacks but important people in the ministry are doing these things and I know it is wrong.......I know this has nothing to do with the devotional today but I had to VENT a little. Get some things off my chest....am I wrong to say this, am I wrong to think these things.......all I can do is pray and allow God to lead me to do what is right. I am listening carefully lately as to what to do. Quiet time in the morning is what I have to do.

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7, NIV

Now with this verse, it makes me think.....am I looking at the wrong thing? I just want to work with a group of followers that are going towards the right goal and not someone that is going to be drinking the night prior to service and miss the mark of what God has to say the next morning....I have a problem with that. Oh God, please help me to understand what you want me to SEE.

This was a great devotional and one that can help us see people through there heart and not the outside appearance. I am currently struggling with this in many ways but I believe that how I consider these individuals is just not right and I know God will help me get through this soon.

1 comment:

Sugarplum's Mama said...

Sister He will allow you to see the good in all of it. We as Christians and I think as women we want the best for everyone. I think with men (certain men) I think they are just like go with the flow and just brush off what I did or said.. Not sure if you understand what I mean. I would feel the same way in your situation. Pray and ask God what do you need to do especially since you are serving in that church.

On churches hurting us... Oooo I so understand that feeling. When I worked for my 2nd church boy did I see the enemy. It's so sad because it's "church." The pastor spoke about his congregation, his wife would come to work and not even say Hi to me, when I would total up the Tithe and it wasn't to what they wanted he would get all mad and say things. I prayed the Lord would remove me and well he did when I was told by my dr thatI had Placenta Previa and that I could no longer work but rest at home! The Lord came thru even though hearing the dr tell me what I had. He always takes care of us no matter what!

I will be praying for you in this area as well!

Love you sister!