Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Daily Devotional - Neverending socks

Today's devotional really hit home this morning as I began to read about laundry, folding, unfolding, washing, and THE SOCKS. I like to do laundry but the SOCKS, they always stay in a pile and never get done and this is what happens when we continue to allow burdens to come upon us, they stay in a pile and never get sorted through......what a testimony through this devotion. So you are wondering.....how do you get through that.....by having quiet time with God!
Isn't that amazing....all your burdens drift away when you spend time with the Lord and just listen. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

When we go about our daily lives.....How important is the power of quiet, the power of still, the power of listening, the power of expecting and soul-pouring...how can you not stop and listen! God is so amazing and wonderful!

No comments: