Thursday, July 21, 2011

Daily Devotional - Sandpaper People

This devotional today really is a great one to learn from. There are many people in our lives that are sandpaper people. We need to shower them with God's love and serve them.

Usually we try to change them, run from them, ignore them instead of serving them. You ask why serve them if they cause so much Havoc......because God loved us regardless.

“Be devoted to one another in brotherly love” and “honor one another” (Romans 12:10, NIV). In this verse, “devotion” indicates commitment and duty and carries the idea of a constant faithfulness that deliberately chooses repeatedly to serve.

Father, when I let pride take up residence in my heart, I can be so blind to the needs of others, especially those who are more difficult to love. I am so thankful that You did not feel that way toward me, one of the most difficult people of all to love. I praise You for the grace and love You have given me. Help me to be an instrument of that love and grace in the lives of those around me.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.

No comments: